Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 5

Well today went awsome! I almost starved my hubby to death by making dinner at 7:00 but he did survive so never fear. I don't really have any words of wisdom or new things I learned about myself today. I did learn that I can drink the Diet Limeade at Sonic and that McDonald's french fries have beef and wheat in them. Who woulda thought. So without further adue... here are the meals for today!
BREAKFAST
Fruit bowl from Quicktrip (cantalope, mango, grapes, strawberries and kiwi) and an orange juice


LUNCH
Leftover mushroom and tofu wraps from last night


DINNER
Eggplant, Squash, Zucchini and Amaranth seed wraps with garlic, baby new potatoes.

I was a little nervous when we got up this morning because every Thursday, Korbin, Emma and I stop and get breakfast before work. This has become a tradition and we usually get McDonald's or Krispey Kreme or Panera. Since we are on this diet I figured my best chance of finding something was at Quick Trip. When I found the fruit bowl I was so excited! I love Kiwi and was excited to let Emma try it when we got to work. Unfortunatley, the kiwi was so under ripe (hard) that I couldn't eat it! Oh well, I finished the rest of the bowl and was content.
Dinner tonight turned out pretty good. Luke really liked it. I thought it was OK. It is basically just grilled eggplant, zucchini and squash rolled in a tortilla with amaranth seeds, veganaise, red onion and spinich leaves. I will probably make it again but we shall see. Also if you don't know what amaranth seeds are, you should check them out at your local health food store. If you are in Wichita the only place I could find them was at Whole Foods. They apparently have the highest protein content of any grain. They taste pretty much like rice... so check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment