Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

The Accidental Shopping Trip

So I hadn't planned on grocery shopping today, but alas I did pick up a few things while I was at Dillons. So I went to get cake mix for some cake balls I am making for a baby shower tomorrow. Lo and behold, across the aisle was the gluten free section so I picked up these gems:


Walden Farms Salad Dressing in Ranch and Honey Dijon
Whole Soy & Co Strawberry Yogurt
Veggie Tortillas

I was really excited about my finds until I got home and discovered that the sugar content in the yogurt was insane. Since I can't have sugar during the cleanse, I guess that means no yogurt for me. I will say it was my first time trying soy yogurt and I quite liked it. I imagine the vanilla would be amazing! I wonder if I can find a coupon for this and buy it when the cleanse is over.
I also discovered that the veggie tortillas were not actually gluten free so I will be returning them tomorrow. This actually makes me kinda happy because I saw some in the freezer section that were gluten free.
So now lets go over what I paid for everything, because everyone wants to know how much more expensive it is to eat this way. I feel it is my job to tell you. Keep in mind all prices are without tax.

Walden Farm Ranch                $3.99
Walden Farm Honey Dijon      $3.99
Whole Soy Yogurt                   $0.99

So the salad dressing was more than I wanted to pay but we eat a lot of salads and so I consider it an investment.

Well that is all for now, I make another (large) shopping trip tomorrow and we shall see how that goes. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment