Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 3

So today was great. I can feel myself becoming more energized as well as happier. I would be even happier if I had a white chocolate kit kat but that is neither here nor there. So here comes the meals for today:
This is my smiley face breakfast! Two pieces of GF cinnamon raisen bread with vegan butter and a banana.


For Lunch I got to have leftover pizza (again), corn chips and sugar snap peas. We are now officially out of pizza so this wont be showing up agian. Although I didn't really get sick of it.


For dinner we had mushrooms and garlic greens over broiled tofu, polenta and tomatoes with the last of the garlic mashed potatoes. This recipe came straight out of the book so I will put it below because it was YUMMY!

So like I said, today went very well. I didn't really find myself craving much and about mid afternoon I had a bowl of rice chex with honey and soy milk. I did get a chance to weigh myself today and I am happy to say that I am almost down a full pound from when I started!! YEAH! Anyway here is the reciepe for what we had for dinner.

MUSHROOMS AND GARLIC GREENS OVER BROILED POLENTA, TOFU AND TOMATOES
for the mushrooms and greens
1/4 c oil
2 1/2 c sliced mushrooms
1/2 lb spinach greens
2 T chopped garlic
salt and pepper to taste
* saute the mushrooms for 8 minutes or until softened.
*quickly add the greens and garlic and stir at high temp for 3 min or until the greens have wilted and started to seep liquid.
*season with S&P and put aside.
for polenta, tofu and tomatoes
1 pkg prepared polenta
1 lb extra firm tofu
2 large firm tomatoes
4 T olive oil
Fresh chopped rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
*slice polenta into 8 pieces at 1/2" thickness
*slice tofu lengthwise into 4 pieces at 1/4" thickness
*slice tomatoes into 8 slices
* brush polenta, tofu and tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary and S&P on both sides.
*Lay tofu and polenta on one cookie sheet and tomatoes on another.
*Broil for 7-8 minutes and flip 1/2way through.
*When finished cooking, stack as followes : Tomatoe, Polenta, Tofu and cover with greens and mushrooms. Each person should get two slices and it serves 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment