Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 4

Well day 4 is over and what a day it was. I think I tend to be a stress eater and today was stressful. We had a lot of drama at work and all I wanted was a burger! Why you may ask? Because burgers make everything better. Anyway, I didn't find myself hungry really or struggling to not cheat. I just had a really bad craving for grease and cheese. I did not give in though so yeah for me! We also had Cubbies at church tonight and the snack was bird's nests (chow mein noodles, peanut butter, marshmallow and robin's eggs). Every time I would walk by them I would smell them (lame I know) because I couldn't have one. I was really, really tempted though. Moving on, here was todays fair:
BREAKFAST
GF Cinnamon raisin bread with vegan butter, blueberries and a banana


LUNCH
Leftover garlic greens, tofu and polenta, carrots with almond butter and corn chips


DINNER
Tamari-glazed tofu wraps with roasted portabello mushrooms, corn and chipotle dressing (recipe below), corn chips


So breakfast and lunch may not be too exciting for a few days because I will be eating leftovers and things. Just wanted you to be aware. The wraps we had for dinner blew my mind they were so good. TRY THEM. Here is the recipe.

TAMARI-GLAZED TOFU WRAPS WITH ROASTED PORTABELLO MUSHROOMS, CORN AND CHIPOTLE DRESSING
for the tofu
2 lb extra firm tofu
1/2 cup oil
2 T honey
Juice of 2 limes
1t sesame oil
Salt and pepper to taste
*Drain and pat the tofu to remove excess water. Let sit for 3 hours.
*Slice into 1/4" pieces.
*Mix all other ingredients in a bowl.
*Place tofu on a baking sheet and cover with marinade.
*Cook at 375 degrees for 25 minutes (flip 1/2 through)

for the mushrooms
5-6 large portabello mushrooms
Salt and Pepper
Garlic salt
Olive oil
*Remove stems and gills from the mushrooms. If they are not sliced, slice lengthwise.
*Brush with oil and sprikle with S&P and garlic salt.
*Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.

for chipotle dressing
1c vegenaise
2T chipotle seasoning
2T lime juice
*Mix all ingredients together

to assemble wraps
GF tortillas
1 can corn
Shredded romain lettuce
Sliced tomatoes
*Heat tortillas.
*Assemble as followes: Tortilla, mayo, lettuce, tomoato, corn, tofu, mushrooms.
*Fold and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment